How to File GSRT 1 returns Monthly and Quarterly before 31 December due date
Functionality to file Monthly and Quarterly returns has been provided in GST portal, for those tax payers whose value of clearance is less than or more than 1.5 Crore in current or previous financial year
Tax payer, who have opted for quarterly filing of for, GSTR 1 please Note:
1) Once this option once you have chosen the option quarterly you cannot change this option in the remaining part of the financial year 2017-18. Thus you will be required to the Quarterly return and you cannot option for monthly filing of returns.
2) Return filing for Quarter July to September 2017 is to returns
a) If you have filed form GSTR 1 for July 2017, you have to file GSTR 1 for August and September by choosing the return period September 2017 GSTR 1.
b)If you have NOT filed form GSTR 1 for July 2017,you will have to first file form GSTR 1 For July 2017 and then file Form GSTR 1 for August and September ,by choosing the return period September 2017 GSTR 1
3) Form GSTR 1 for filing next Quarterly return (October to December, 2017), will be made available after December 2017.
Taxpayer, who have opted for monthly filing of Form GSTR 1 , please note:
1) Tax payer, who has opted for monthly filing of Form GSTR 1, can do so for the month of July August, September, October, and November 2017, sequentially.
2) Return for a particular period can be filed if corresponding returns (GSTR 3B and GSTR1) for the previous months have been filed
3) Once you have chosen the option monthly you cannot change this option in the remaining part of the financial part of the financial year 2017-18. Thus you will be required to file Monthly return and you cannot opt for Quarterly filing for return.
For any query you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org . Before making any decisions do consult your Professional / tax advisor. For misrepresentation or interpretation of act or rules Author does not takeany responsibility. Neither the author nor the firm accepts any liability for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of information in this document or for any action taken in reliance there on